The first part of this is just a listening quiz, and the second is copied off some TV program or other. I mostly use it as a warm-up or warm-down team game, but it would work well coupled with Gambling. I have all the teams give their answers and give a point to every team that gets it right. I got these answers from a bunch of random internet sites, so I can't guarantee their veracity.
- Can goldfish remember yesterday?
No, they forget everything after 5 seconds.
- Can elephants jump?
- Can Eskimos make fire with ice?
Yes. They melt a block in their hands and make a lens to focus the sun's rays.
- Can cows play golf?
No, stupid. They don't have opposable thumbs so they can't hold the clubs.
- Can birds count to ten?
No, they can only count to five.
- Can some frogs fly?
Yes, they can glide from trees with big webbed feet.
- Can a student in this class make an origami crane (tsuru) in 20 seconds?
(A student from one of the teams that say yes has to try.)
- Can a student in this class lose at janken (scissors-paper-stone)? (Try with a volunteer from the "yes" team. The trick is to produce your scissors/ paper/ stone one second early, so they have enough time to react subconsciously and win but not enough time to think about it and lose. I saw this on Japanese telly and it seems to work with most students, but maybe they're just humouring me...)
- Can a student in this class open their eyes for 10 seconds?
- Can a student in this class go around the room on their left leg?
- Can a student in this class hit the clock with a ball of paper?
- Can a anyone in this room juggle for one minute?
View this page without frames (good for editing or printing)
Complete index ... without frames